Accounting is ‘the process of identifying, measuring and communicating economic information to permit informed judgments and decisions by the users of the information.’ Reliable accounting information fosters economic development by facilitating contracting and providing useful information for investors. To this end, accounting research aims to address the issues that affect the production of reliable and credible accounting information.
Our department commits to carrying out the following research areas:
- Financial accounting with the emphasis on the role of financial accounting in organizations and capital market
- Corporate governance, focusing on the interactive relation between corporate governance and accounting
- Taxation, covering the tax enforcement, tax avoidance and the relation between tax and financial accounting
- Auditing, focusing on the role of auditing in the capital market and governing mechanisms of audits
- International accounting, covering the related accounting topics in an international context
Our PhD program is both rigorous and comprehensive, aiming at training students to advantage accounting research and nurture future accounting professionals. We, therefore, expect the candidates to have high-level analytical minds and skills, passion to conduct accounting research, and strong motivation to obtain challenging faculty positions at prestigious universities after graduation.
To learn more visit our Department Website: aclw.hkbu.edu.hk/eng/Index
Please also contact the Department Coordinator of PhD studies: Dr. Stephen Zhou via email@example.com for more information.